This was an art project for school, the assignment being to do a piece on some social injustice. As a person who has been, is, and likely will be depressed in the future, I feel a strong shame when the topic of depression is brought up in a social setting, as if my struggle is some kind of a disease. The way depression is talked about is, for some reason, separate from the way physical injuries are discussed. My pain and injury is no less than that of someone with physical evidence that there is something wrong, which is absolute bullcrap.
Anyway, I hope you like the comic. /end of rant.
Holy shit Hannah.
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (2433) – Can use in US, U.K., Canada and Singapore
- Suicide Crisis Line: 1-800-999-9999
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline: 1-800-273-TALK (8245)
- National Adolescent Suicide Helpline: 1-800-621-4000
- Postpartum Depression: 1-800-PPD-MOMS
- NDMDA Depression Hotline – Support Group: 1-800-826-3632
- Veterans: 1-877-VET2VET
- Crisis Help Line – For Any Kind of Crisis: 1-800-233-4357
- Suicide & Depression Crisis Line – Covenant House: 1-800-999-9999
- Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide: (UK only) 0844-561-6855
- Beyondblue info line: (Australia only) 1300-22-4636
- 24/7 Crisis Line:(Canada only) 905-522-1477
- Lifeline Australia: 13-11-14
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish: 1-800-992-2600
- Relationships Australia: 1300-364-277
Alcohol & Drug Abuse:
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics: 1-888-55-4COAS (1-888-554-2627)
- National Drug Abuse: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Al-Anon/Alateen Hope & Help for young people who are the relatives & friends of a problem drinker): 1-800-344-2666
- Alcohol/Drug Abuse Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Be Sober Hotline: 1-800-BE-SOBER (1-800-237-6237)
- Cocaine Help Line: 1-800-COCAINE (1-800-262-2463)
- 24 Hour Cocaine Support Line: 1-800-992-9239
- Ecstasy Addiction: 1-800-468-6933
- Marijuana Anonymous: 1-800-766-6779
Youth & Teen Hotlines:
- National Youth Crisis Support: 1-800-448-4663
- Youth America Hotline: 1-877-YOUTHLINE (1-877-968-8454)
- Covenant House Nine-Line (Teens): 1-800-999-9999
- Boys Town National: 1-800-448-3000
- Teen Helpline: 1-800-400-0900
- TeenLine: 1-800-522-8336
- Youth Crisis Support: 1-800-448-4663 or 1-800-422-0009
- Runaway Support (All Calls are Confidential): 800-231-694
- National Runaway Hotline: (US only) 1800-231-6946
- Child Helpline: (UK Only) 0800-111
- Kids Helpline: (Australia) 1800-55-1800
- Youth to Youth: (UK only) 020-8896-3675
- Kids Help Phone Canada: 1800-688-6868
- National Youth Crisis Hotline:(US only) 800-442-442-4673
- AAA Crisis Pregnancy Center: 1-800-560-0717
- Pregnancy Support: 1-800-4-OPTIONS (1-800-467-8466)
- Pregnancy National Helpline: 1-800-356-5761
- Young Pregnant Support: 1-800 550-4900
Gay and Lesbian Hotlines:
- The Trevor Helpline (For homosexuality questions or problems): 1-800-850-8078
- Gay & Lesbian National Support: 1-888-THE-GLNH (1-888-843-4564)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) Youth Support Line: 1-800-850-8078
- Lesbian & Gay Switchboard: (UK Only) 0121 622 6589
- Lothian Gay & Lesbian Switchboard – Scotland: (Scotland Only) 0131 556 4049
- Self-Injury Support: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288) (www.selfinjury.com)
- Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention: 1-800-931-2237 (Hours: 8am-noon daily, PST)
- Eating Disorders Center: 1-888-236-1188
- Help Finding a Therapist: 1-800-THERAPIST (1-800-843-7274)
- Panic Disorder Information and Support: 1-800-64-PANIC (1-800-647-2642)
- TalkZone (Peer Counselors): 1-800-475-TALK (1-800-475-2855)
- Parental Stress Hotline: 1-800-632-8188
- Parent Help Line (Australia only): 1300-364-100
- National AIDS Helpline: (UK Only) 0800 567 123
- Mensline Australia: 1300-789-978
Want a country by country list? Here are some more resources: helplines
The following sites also provides a country by country list of helplines available:
If you DID cut last night, I’m still cheering for you.
If you DID purge last night, I still have faith in you.
If you DIDN’T eat last night, you can do it sweetheart.
If you COULDN’T calm down your anxiety, you’ll be okay because you’re strong.
If you DID let the bullies get to you, you’re going to stand up to them one day, I know it.
Relapse and mistakes are part of life. I’m STILL proud of you.
reblogging for that ^ i love everything about this post and that comment.
This is so good.
I don’t think suicidal people get enough credit for not acting on their suicidal thoughts.
This post is for all of you who have survived the urge to end your life, either coming out the other side or still fighting to stay alive.
I noticed how when someone has a physical illness such as cancer, and they come out the other side or even remission, they are able to celebrate surviving. I think all of the survivors of being suicidal should too.
Congratulations, and keep on fighting.
(Source: aha-itsme, via molotov-cattails)
I don’t care what kind of blog I have I will blog this no matter what.
"Craving sensation: feeling unreal" was such a huge part of the beginning of my relapse. I was convinced that people in front of me didn’t even exist and I kept touching things and trying to feel sensation. I’m reblogging because I know that that was so horrifying for me and I never want anyone else to go through it.
(Source: mentalhealthnostigma, via molotov-cattails)
“Don’t settle. Don’t finish crappy books. If you don’t like the menu, leave the restaurant. If you’re not on the right path, get off it.”
— Chris Brogan (via coyotegold)
(Source: quotethat, via freemindfreebody)
“approximately one million people worldwide die by suicide each year.
this corresponds to one death by suicide every 40 seconds.
or about 3,000 deaths by suicide daily.”
Everyone reblog this please
stop this makes me so sad because once it hits 0 that means yeah I’m alive, but someone else isn’t.
this is how I learned to stop doing it, people should reblog this.
this is actually important
Hey look self harm advice that acknowledges that there’s more than two reasons that people do it
Reblogging this because my followers might be helped from this
This saved me.
I am forever going to reblog this post. Even if it isn’t really quality. I know from personal things that this NEEDS to be spread around Tumblr. If you don’t reblog this at least once I can guarantee I will judge you. Rebloging this could help someone out.
Rubber Bands is one way I stopped. Reblogging for all my wonderful followers who might need to see this~! <3
(Source: , via molotov-cattails)